CODE OF ETHICS
The Wind Institute of Healing & Meditative Arts strives to maintain a professional atmosphere at all times. All Therapists and staff members are honor bound to uphold a code of ethics out of respect for our clients, our associates, our peers and for our selves. Therefore, each therapist hereby agrees to:
2. Provide a safe, private and comfortable setting for sessions and/or classes and work to provide a supportive and empowering environment for clients & students.
3. Always treat clients and students with respect and honor.
4. Maintain pure and clear intentions of offering services for the highest good and healing of the client, and the highest potential of the student.
5. Provide a brief oral or written description of what to expect during sessions and what occurs during that process before a client's initial session. In regards to classes, to provide a clear syllabus for each degree (level) of Reiki prior to the class and a list of what the student should be able to accomplish upon completion.
6. Be respectful of others' Reiki Views and Practices.
7. Educate both clients and students on the value of Reiki and explain that sessions DO NOT guarantee a cure nor are they a substitute for qualified medical or professional care. Reiki is
only one part of an integrative healing or wellness program. (*See Company Policy)
8. Suggest a consultation or refer clients to a qualified licensed professionals when appropriate.
(i.e.: Medical Doctor, Specialist, Licensed Therapist etc.)
9. Never diagnose or prescribe nor suggest that a client/student change prescribed treatments or interfere with the treatment of a licensed health care provider.
10. Be sensitive to the boundaries of individual clients and students.
11. Never ask the client (or students) to disrobe (unless in the context of a licensed massage therapy session which will then remain optional. *At The Wind Institute of Healing & Meditative Arts,
your modesty will be well maintained at all times. You will NEVER be asked to disrobe, unless partaking in a massage with a Licensed Massage Therapist.
12. Work to create harmony and friendly cooperation between Reiki Practitioners/ Master Teachers in the community and represent ourselves in a most
13. Act as a beacon in our community by doing the best job possible.
14. Work to empower our students to heal themselves and encourage and assist them in the development of their work with Reiki or their Reiki practices.
15. Actively work on our own healing process so as to embody and fully express the essence of Reiki & all Healing and Meditative Arts.
*Our Code of Ethics is based on the Code of Ethics provided by the International Association of Reiki Practitioners (IARP), and amended respectively to include our own vow to you the client and student. Each of our students is expected to also maintain this Code of Ethics respectively.
OUR PROMISE TO OUR CLIENTS
One of our favorite things about being in private practice is that it allows us to develop and keep our own commitments to our clients. Time and money are precious and we prefer to make the best use of what is available to help our clients to achieve the results they are looking for the best way we are able. There fore, If at any point, we feel that there is a product, supplement, therapy or treatment available that would help you achieve your wellness goals faster or better than what you came in for originally (regardless if it is something offered in office or an outside referral) we will gladly refer you accordingly. At the same time, we want you to get the most out of your sessions. If at any point we feel the therapy we are offering you is not working for you in the way that it needs or that you are unable to relax into your session enough, we choose to recommend returning at another time either after treatment with another professional or on another day when you are less distracted.